2019-20 Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) Seasonal Measures & Information
The 2019-2020 BMSB season is due to commence on the 1st September 2019.
A number of significant charges have been introduced by the Department of Agriculture since the end of the 2018-2019 season.
The Department of Agriculture has released the proposed measures to manage BMSB risk for the 2019-20 season, and has now finalised the seasonal measures for the 2019-20 BMSB risk season.
For the 2019-20 BMSB risk season, measures will apply to Seafreight movements for:
- certain goods manufactured in, or shipped from target risk countries, and/or
- vessels that berth at, load or tranship from target risk countries
- from 1 September 2019 and that arrive in Australian territory by 31 May 2020 (inclusive)
We have provided information sheet for your reference, along with a PowerPoint presentation in these links –
Points of note:
- FCL & FCX Containers will in majority of cases be Fumigated on arrival into Australia – this is to save cost, avoid double treatment/costs where offshore treatment providers approvals are cancelled & manage turn-around.
- We are negotiating with our overseas offices for extended container free-time at destination to allow for delays in treatment periods.
- Department of Agriculture have increased “Target Risk Countries” from 8 in the 2018-2019 Season, to 32 for the pending 2019-2020 Season.
- Processing delays are expected to be encountered due to increase in volumes for the 2019-2020 season to be processed by Department of Agriculture.
- It is expected the Department of Agriculture will allow newly manufactured goods, manufactured after 01st December 2019, to be given exemption on completion of a Declaration by the Manufacturer, and with the proviso that all product must be able to be physically identifiable as manufactured after 1st December 2019.
We will be in contact with customers to further discuss these updated regulations, and how these may impact your import shipments from the indicated Target Risk Countries.
If in the interim, if we can provide any assistance or further information, please do not hesitate us at or TEL: 1300 814 743.